Monday, April 2, 2012

Zoya Surf Collection Review

I just want to give you all a fair warning: get out your wallets and open up a tab with Zoya's website because this collection is amazing and you are going to want it! The formula on all of these was absolutely perfect; they all required two easy coats for complete opacity and I was really surprised at how fast they dried.

Myrta was one of the colors that I was most excited for. A coral/orange foil? How could I not love that? I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint! It's more of a red-toned orange/coral and would look incredible as a summer pedi. 


Meg has a really strong foil effect, as opposed to just looking like it's packed with shimmer. It's a bit of a lighter tone than it photographed, think more along the lines of Zoya Apple, but with small instead of large shimmer particles. I like Meg much better than I liked Tracie in the Beach collection. 


Up next is Rory, a light pink foil metallic. Rory has a lot of silver shimmer in it; you can see in the bottle that it really competes with the pink. Not one of my favorites of the collection, but still very pretty and appropriate for summer.


Kimber is one of my sleeper favorites! I had no idea that it was going to be so gorgeous! Kimber has a strawberry/raspberry colored base with golden shimmer in it. I wouldn't consider this one a foil metallic, just a shimmer, but man, it's just so beautiful! Reminds me of China Glaze Strawberry Fields, but the formula was a million times better. 


Carly is another one that totally blew me away when I started applying it. For once, you can even see in the photo just how sparkly and glowing it is! Purple is my weakness and I have no doubt in my mind that I will be wearing Carly often. I thought from the preview pics that Carly would end up being way too dark for a summer collection, but seeing it in person, I totally accept it as a summer color.


Lastly, we have Zuza. I swatched Zuza last because I planned on wearing it as a full mani and I was so happy with it. This was the other color from Surf that I was most excited to see in person and just like Myrta, it did not disappoint. I even made a set of earrings and a ring out of it before I even wore it! Zuza is a gorgeous faded turquoise foil metallic shade with what appears to be silver and slightly green shimmer. If I had to pick one color to epitomize Surf, it would be Zuza.


So, which shades from Surf will you be picking up? My top picks are Zuza, Kimber, Carly, and Myrta.

*The product(s) in this post were provided by the company for my honest review.*

8 comments:

  1. I really like Zuza, Kimber and Carly!

    Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your swatches! Totally using them for my pinterest wish list :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!! Im so glad to see your swatches ! I fell in love with Zuza, definitely I want it !!!! or else, i've the same order of preferences, I'm a little disappinted with the green, i think it would be more stunning, so I 'll probably buy Apple-Zoya ! Thank you for this article

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the swatches. from seeing them in the bottles, i liked the looks of zuza and kimber the most even tho turquoise is not my norm...and now that ive seen them on nails, i love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing swatches, I want this whole collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all so gorgeous. I kind of want them all. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.