Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Layla Retro Pink

Good morning! Here is the other polish that I received from Harlow & Co. to review, Layla Retro Pink. If you're looking for a good pink holo, go pick up Retro Pink; it has a super strong holographic effect on the nail and is a very flattering shade of pink.


The only thing that sucks about Retro Pink is the application. Like many other holos, it's tricky to apply. I have a cheap aqua base that I used underneath it and it didn't help at all. It dragged and was spotty and I ended up using around 5 coats to get it looking good. It's possible that a better quality aqua base would fix those issues though.


And before I go, here's one last angle of the pretty holo-ness for you all to enjoy :)  


*Product(s) in this post were provided by the company/retailer for an honest review.*

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish i could buy it in Rotterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to pick some of these up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW it's stunning!
    I love holos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love holos! Oh so much! I need to get some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 love this one, but 5 coats ouuutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. The amount of coats may be daunting, but these are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so jealous you got one of these holos! i've been stalking my local ulta stores, but none of them have these in stock yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooohh this is beautiful! Shame about the application.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a couple of these Layla Holographics and they're stunning. The company actually recommends not using a base coat at all, just smooth & buff your nails before applying the polish. When I tried it with a base coat it was a disaster, but when I went without I found the application much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.