Monday, April 23, 2012

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

Hello and happy Monday everyone! ;) Today I have one of the colors from OPI's new "The Amazing Spiderman" collection for you called Just Spotted the Lizard. I'm not typically a fan of duochrome polishes, but this one is really stunning! Just Spotted the Lizard is a metallic duochrome shade that shifts between gold and a yellow-y green. It's not quite as shifty on the nail as you can see in the bottle, but I still think it's full of awesome.


I used three coats for these photos and they were effortless! I noticed brush strokes when I was applying each coat, but they went away for the most part as each coat dried. I'm really loving how reflective this polish is. It's not a color I would typically wear, but the finish makes it something I want to grab for when I'm feeling flashy :P


 *The product in this post was provided by the company for an honest review.*

17 comments:

  1. Очень красивый маникюр!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have Peridot? If so, are they similar? I have the Chanel one but I think it doesn't stand out on my nails! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a comparison, and it is a dupe. Great choice if you want an affordable backup bottle.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ana! Like Daanielle said, there are comparison posts out there that conclude that they are dupes. Unfortunately, I don't own Peridot to be able to compare them for you, sorry!

      Delete
  3. I like the finish but i don't like green so i wouldn't buy this polish but i understand if many people will do

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this polish! I can't wait for it to come out so I can snag a bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that on the last photo he really seems to be beautiful but Im not a fan for this kind of color...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would totally go for this color if i didn't already have such a similar one by topshop! spiderman is one of my favorite superheros so i want a polish from the collection just because =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beaaauuutiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm now convinced I need this. It looks gorgie on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks beautiful..would u recommend a top coat for this kind of finish? or is better without?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a top coat for these photos and I don't think it dulled the effect at all. You could always do a "sandwich" in a way; do two coats of color, one coat top coat, and then another coat of the color over top.

      Delete
  10. I've been trying to not spend as much money, but this... this makes me want break down and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I have the Jessica Peridot dupe so I doubt I'll be getting this one, but it's still a gorgeous polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like Chanel Peridot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I on the other hand have been all over these types of colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.