Friday, April 27, 2012

OPI The Color of Minnie & Nothin' Mousie 'bout It

Let me preface this post by telling you all (if you didn't know already) that I am a HUGE Disney freak, so I was really excited when I found out that OPI was doing a Minnie Mouse collection! The Vintage Minnie Mouse collection consists of four shades total, three colors and a heart glitter topcoat and will be available for purchase in June. When the press photos first came out, I violently hoped that the glitter was Mickey-head-shaped, but alas, it is just hearts. It fits nicely with the collection, but Mickey-shaped glitter would have really sent it over the top, in a good way of course. I'll keep dreaming! :P

I don't have the light pink of the collection to show you since I didn't think it would agree with my skin tone, so I'll be splitting up the other two shades into two separate posts. Today I'll be showing you The Color of Minnie, which is a gorgeous pearly red. The formula was great and it was opaque in two easy coats.


And here we have The Color of Minnie with two coats of Nothin' Mousie 'bout It. Nothin' Mousie 'bout It consists of heart glitter and small, almost glass-fleck-like shimmer particles. I had a hard time getting the heart glitter out of the bottle and onto my nail, but I found that turning the bottle upside down for a little while before I used it made it easier to fish the hearts out. The shimmer is really spectacular though; it adds so much sparkle and dimension to the base color! 


*Product(s) in this post were provided by the company for an honest review.*

10 comments:

  1. Oh I like your mouse heads idea WAY better!! I don't ever expect I'll buy the hearts but I would have bought mIckey heads for sure... I am a fan of Mickey myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is such a pretty red, cant wait til this comes out where I live!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this heart shaped polish in a few other blogs but this is the only place I liked them. They look nice on red. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shade of red. Red is one of my favorites, though I love several colors, lol. I might have to try this color on my toes and post it on my blog to show that it can look good on a guys toes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cute hearts! Red is a polish i would wear once in tree months lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the base color and the heart topcoat, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I thought i only wanted "I'm all ears" from this collection but now I see i have to get this one too!!! it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Oh man, if the glitter was Mickey shaped, that would have been AWESOME! :D

    I LOVE Disney too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.