Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Zoya Charla & Essie Shine of the Times

Confession: this is my first flakie polish. I know, I'm a little late to jump on that bandwagon, but this is the first one that has been easily accessible to me! It was definitely worth the wait though. Let's get right to the pics, shall we? The first photo is three coats of Zoya Charla with one coat of Essie Shine of the Times and one coat of Seche Vite. To compare it to mermaid scales would be an understatement.


I haven't matted anything in a while, so I decided to throw a matte topcoat on after a day or so. The result was amazing. I seriously need to start using my matte topcoat more often. Behold:


Shine of the Times is part of the Essie Luxeffects collection out now. I've heard that they've been spotted in a few drugstores around the US, but I got mine from eBay for $6.70. Can't beat that! :) I have a couple more polishes that I'm itching to try out under Shine of the Times, so I'll try to get those up quickly! 

11 comments:

  1. I would never thought to topped this sparkly polish with golden flakes but the result is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Essie-it's so pretty!!! I am just starting out with flakies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermaid nails = new obsession! Your version is amazing. You're ready to go swim in the Bahamas with those nails now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Don't feel bad, I'm late on the flakie boat as well. Only have one from nails inc right now... I haven't even used shine of the times yet, just ordered it online yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was swimming in the Bahamas right now! I'm hoping I can get my hands on the blue/green flakie from Finger Paints tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charla is one of my all time favourite Zoya shades and love the Essie over the top too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEE this is so pretty and magical looking!! Gorgeous!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never commented till now, but your pictures, nails, colour choises, etc, are fabulous :>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.