Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 11: Candy Canes

My mother wanted to see a candy cane mani, so I made her a candy cane mani! I used tape to create the stripes, but I think that I may have liked it more if I used a striping brush or smaller strips of tape. I used two coats of China Glaze Frosty as my base and applied my tape strips after my base dried. I painted over the tape with Julep Brooklyn and then layered China Glaze Ruby Pumps over Brooklyn to help smooth it out. I think I like the thickness of the stripes best on my pinky and ring fingers.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute! Wish I could do a tape mani that looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well made - I like these stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love candy cane manis - so simple but super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this last year! I Loved how they came out! Sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out perfect!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Went to two different Sally's and both were sold out of Ruby Pumps-never should have put it back when I had it in my hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! I live the colors you chose to do it with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.