Tuesday, October 29, 2013

KBShimmer Will Yule Marry Me? from the Blogger 2013 Collection Swatches!!

A little birdie told me that some of you might be interested in seeing full swatches of my contribution to the KBShimmer Blogger 2013 Collection before I post the complete collection on Friday, so here it is!

When Christy first contacted me about creating a polish with her, I thought really hard about what I wanted to use as the inspiration for my polish and there was so much that it was overwhelming. I love everything about Christmas and the holiday season, as I'm sure many of you know, but a lot of the things I love most don't translate well into nail polish (I'm looking at you, chocolate caramel bar cookies).


Lucky for me, I had the best Christmas ever last year when my fiancé proposed to me on Christmas Eve! I decided that I would use that as my inspiration and went from there. If you asked me to think of an "evening" shade, the first thing that would come to mind is a rich, silky navy blue so that's what I decided I wanted the base color to be. The diamond in my engagement ring is a round-cut, hence the round glitter in the polish. It also has some crazy amount of facets in it that make it super sparkly, so I asked for a whole bunch of holographic glitter to make the polish very sparkly as well!


I knew for sure that I wanted this shade to be opaque in two coats, yet still allow the glitter to shine through and Christy created exactly what I had envisioned. I'm so ridiculously happy with how this polish turned out and I can't thank Christy from KBShimmer enough for including me in this awesome collection!

 
I can't wait to swatch the rest of the polishes in this collection (that's what I'll be doing all day tomorrow!) and share them with you all on Friday morning. Make sure to come back and check them out; something tells me you won't want to miss them!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow Chelsea! This is even more gorgeous on the nail than it is in bottle shots! I didn't think that was possible! Love your polish and the meaning behind it! How special. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very winter/holiday shade! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really stunning, and your ring and story were such good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous polish! I love the inspiration behind it. Your ring is also incredibly stunning and exactly how I've always dreamed of my ring looking like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful polish and ring, and what an awesome inspiration for the polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, and what a fantastic event you used as inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ring is stunning! So classic - and the polish is really gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! Well done on this creation Chelsea! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm finished swatching all of them and (of course I love mine so it doesn't count) but yours ended up being my favorite! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super gorgeous! Great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blue shade is one of the most beautiful I have seen lately

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.