Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Nail Art (Mmm!)

These did not really turn out the way I had imaged in my head. I was really disappointed in them at first and wasn't going to post them, but I let the photos sit in my swatch folder for a while and decided that they aren't really all that bad, even if they didn't turn out like I had wanted.


I used one of my all-time favorite shades, Zoya Petra, as my base and then used a small brush to section off the piece slices with OPI Ginger Bells. The pie crusts were created with a dotting tool and Zoya Cho and topped off with a dollop of Zoya Purity, which I mixed around a bit with a dotting tool to give it some texture.


If any of you decide to try and re-create this mani, please let me know! I know that someone out there can take this idea and pull it off way better than I did. On a slightly related note, I really want some pumpkin pie...

16 comments:

  1. you did an awesome job!! down side is.. now i want pie too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I could go for some pie now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I like a bit more whipped cream on my slice!!! I'm a fatty =) You did a great job...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so hungry for pumpkin pie right now! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! I think you did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! now, i want some pumpkin pie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is cute! I am now jumping on the "I want pie" bandwagon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! I love the little dollop of whipped cream that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I want some Pumpkin Pie, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and so yummy pie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute! I work at Wholefoods and they had a Thanksgiving tasting for the employees, which included pumpkin pie AND pumpkin rolls... Deeeeeelish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's cute, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.