Friday, November 2, 2012

KBShimmer Winter 2012 Collection Review/Swatches/Photos

You guys are in for a treat today because I have the new KBShimmer Winter collection to show you! I have yet to try a KBShimmer polish that I haven't been impressed with and these are certainly no exception. Just wait and see!

Candy Cane Crush is a festive mixture of red and white hex glitter in multiple sizes and get this: it smells like vanilla peppermint! You know those awesome Twisted Peppermint candles from Bath & Body Works? Imagine that in a polish! The scent gets kind of muddled with the nail polish smell in the bottle, but it's very nice and light when it dries on your nails. It does stick around, but it isn't something that will be giving you a headache!


In the above photo, I layered Candy Cane Crush over China Glaze Jolly Holly and below, I layered it over OPI Skull & Glossbones. Two coats were used for each swatch.


All Decked Out is such an awesome and unique polish! Multiple shades of hex glitters and gold star glitters are suspended a deep evergreen jelly base. If this doesn't make you think of Christmas trees, you must not be familiar with the tradition! Haha! :P I used two coats of this beauty here.


Snow Way is so pretty! This delicate shade of baby blue is filled with white glitter and teeny tiny little iridescent glitter that looks like sparkly fresh-fallen snow if you move your hands the right way. I don't think I captured it in this photo, but I was making a ring from it when I noticed the iridescent flash and it made me smile. I used three thin coats here, but two slightly thicker ones would have been sufficient.


Sugar Plum Faerie is amazing! I feel like a broken record but this is what KBShimmer does to me! Just when I think I've swatched the best in the collection, I try the next polish out and have to eat my words. I used three coats here for opacity since the base is jellyish.


Cocoa Nut is a gorgeous mixture of fuchsia and gold glitter in a chocolate brown base. Only two coats were needed here for full opacity.


Hex Appeal is a mixture of silver, blue, and magenta hex and micro bar glitter in a royal blue jelly base. I used three coats here to get maximum glitter payoff and opacity for the jelly base. I will probably layer this one next time I use it though.


Berry Christmas is similar in concept to Cocoa Nut, it has a berry colored base with red, pink, purple, and a little bit of gold glitter. I used two coats here. I'm not typically a huge fan of red, but I love this one!


We Three Blings is one of the most unique gold topper shades that I've come across. It has a mix of gold shimmer, flakes, and holographic glitter. I layered one coat here over Essie Very Structured.


Wrapper's Delight is the last shade in this collection and certainly one of the best. Perhaps the best part though, is that $5 from the purchase of every bottle will be used to buy toys which will be donated to Toys for Tots. This is the definition of a festive polish, with red, green, and gold glitter suspended in a clear base.


I layered two coats of Wrapper's Delight over Nicole by OPI Here We Kome A-Karoling in the above photo and over Rescue Beauty Lounge Bella below.


This collection will be available for purchase on November 15th on KBShimmer's website. They will retail at $8.75 with the exception of Wrapper's Delight, which will be $10. Are any of these going to make it on your wish list?

*Products in this post were provided for my honest review.*

11 comments:

  1. originalissime, effetti molto particolari! ciao elena www.tuttepazzeperibijoux.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with Snow Way! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy Cane Crush is gorgeous! I really love them all though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super pretty *_*


    ♥♥♥
    follow me @instagram, facebook, youtube, gfc and bloglovin (?) .. will return! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ho my god there are some amazing shades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea, you're killing me with all of these amazing swatches of yours!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of all those, I only preferred the Candy Cane Crush. It is sooooo pretty, especially on the basecoats you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing collection!!
    And your swatches are so beautiful! Congrats on the blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All Decked Out...droool..that is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific photos! I have not bought any KBs but drooled over all the bling they bring in blog photos...but this collection finally will have me breading down to buy a # of them. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.