Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Neon & Neutral Splatter Nail Art

Good morning everyone! I'll have the Zoya Fall Pixie Dusts up soon, but today I have some long overdue nail art to share. I love splatter designs, but they are so messy to create! If you feel the same way I do, keep reading for an alternative method.


I actually created this "splatter" nails by using a sponge! Not a dense one like a makeup wedge, but a more wire-y one with larger holes. I started out with a base of OPI Skull & Glossbones and sponged black polish first, then Zoya Trixie, and then China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. I love the pop of color that the neon brings!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and maybe a much less messy splatter to clean up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! great colors combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! That's such a good idea to use a wiry sponge, I bet it was so much easier to clean-up than the traditional way xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little bit of sparkle from Trixie in there! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! I need to try this technique out for it then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try this because I never get my splatter manis to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OoOoOo!! I must try this! A Sponge mani sounds a lot less messy than a splatter mani. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.