Friday, June 7, 2013

Sephora Disney Jasmine Compact Mirror Review & Nail Art!

Hey guys! Since my Sephora Cinderella compact-inspired nail art went over so well, I decided to create some with it's Jasmine-themed predecessor too! The compact, like the Cinderella one, is a fantastic product. 


It comes packaged in a magenta and gold box with a plastic front that allows you to view the compact inside. Perhaps one of my favorite parts of the packaging though is the bar codes on the back of the boxes. This one is shaped like the Sultan's palace in Agrabah, but each product has a different shape as it's bar code.


When you take the compact out of it's package and open it up, you'll see the two mirrors: one is magnified and one is regular. The top mirror has the quote "shut your eyes and take a chance" written in gold along it's bottom edge.


But the top is the most beautiful and intricate part of the compact. A gold filigree that culminates in two genie lamps in the center are placed over a pink and purple rendition of the city of Agrabah from the movie. The pops of turquoise enamel are the perfect accents.


For my nails, I used a base of Zoya Lara and sponged and stamped over that with Zoya Areej. I used Zoya Ziv to hand paint the gold design on top.


Here is the design with a matte top coat applied over it. Which way do you prefer the design? I think I like it better glossy!


Unfortunately, this compact sold out pretty quickly in stores and online. If you are willing to pay for it though, you can still find it on eBay and possibly Amazon. While I know that plenty of people bought these mirrors with the intention of actually using them, I have mine tucked away safely in it's box on display in my nail polish room. You know I must collect (err... hoard) anything Disney!

The products in this post were provided for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful compact! So sad it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicate and beautiful manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-ma-zing!! Both the mirror and the manicure... Such a beautiful thing to carry in your bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted this bag, but seeing the redonkulous price, I will just admire it from afar! Such a pretty mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad that I missed out on this; it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I love these nails!
    Well Done!

    ...Lina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is seriously one of my favorites that you've done! You captured the essence of the mirror perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it matte because the detail is even more visible. I must say this is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.