Friday, March 28, 2014

China Glaze Surprise Collection Swatches/Review

In April 2014, China Glaze is releasing this special six-piece limited edition collection called Surprise! The six polishes are all glitter toppers with different color combinations but the same general size/shape of glitter.

Don't Be a Flake contains matte black and turquoise and metallic pink glitter. I layered it here over ChG Metro Pollen-tin.


Shine-nanigans is a mix of metallic pink and purple glitter and matte lime glitter. I'm wearing it over ChG At Vase Value.


Glimmer More has matte orange and yellow glitter with metallic pink glitter. It's layered here over ChG What a Pansy.


Glitter Up contains matte turquoise and peach glitters and metallic purple glitter. I'm wearing it over ChG Peonies & Park Ave.


I'm a Go Glitter consists of matte lime and turquoise glitter and metallic pink glitter. I layered it over ChG Spring In My Step. This combination is really spring-y!


Create a Spark has pink, purple, and black glitters. It's worn here over ChG Grass is Lime Greener.


Now on to the formula. I hate to say it, but these are just not very good. I had to do a lot of scraping along the sides of the bottles to get what you see here. When you dip the brush in the bottle, the majority of what you get is the clear base with just a sprinkling of glitter. What ends up happening then is that you have thick layers of the clear base on your nails that needs lots of extra time to dry. I love how these glitter toppers look, but I just don't have enough patience for them.

What are your thoughts?

The products in this post were provided for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades:))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fun glitter mixes but too bad to hear that the formula wasn't the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they're gorgeous! I like the color you've chosen to combine them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are amazing, girl. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.