Wednesday, March 26, 2014

China Glaze Flourish Collection Swatches/Review

I don't know about you, but I am so completely totally 100% over winter. I'm sick of it being below freezing outside every single day and I'm not so patiently waiting for it to finally warm up to the 50s and 60s. One thing that really gets me in the mood for spring is all these bright and cheerful collections that have been coming to my doorstep! The China Glaze Flourish collection might just be my favorite of them all... the mix of neon and pastel is fantastic!

At Vase Value is a gorgeous pale blue, almost a pastel robin's egg blue, but it has a brightness to it that keeps it from really being a pastel.


What a Pansy is a medium blue-leaning shade of purple. I love purple, but this isn't really my favorite shade. It just doesn't do much for me.


Peonies & Park Ave is a beautiful blue-based neon Barbie pink. Reminds me of the neons from the Poolside collection long ago.


Spring In My Step is one of my favorites! I've been craving soft, baby pinks for some reason and this really hits the mark. It seems to be a warmer shade of pink and I think that's why it works for me.


Metro Pollen-tin is a weird color. I left this photo kind of dark because I think the color of the polish is more accurate this way. It reminds me of a certain neon-colored mac and cheese in a blue box.


Thistle Do Nicely is an awesome pink neon! It seems to lean a little bit towards coral-pink (which I love). This will be on my toes A LOT this summer!


Grass is Lime Greener is similar to At Vase Value in that it's almost like a pastel neon. I'm normally not a fan of greens, but this one is so unique and I just love it!


Petal to the Metal is a fabulous creamy coral. I love corals that lean more towards the pink side rather than the orange side and this one is great. It's bright and cheerful without be neon, which makes it much more wearable for most people.


In A Lily Bit is a very, very pale lavender. Most pale purples that I've seen are dusty or faded, whereas this one is clean and bright.


Don't Honk Your Thorn was a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't see the beautiful silver shimmer in the bottle, but it came out on the nail and it's just gorgeous. I think this is the type of neutral that would flatter many skintones as well.


Strike a Rose has my favorite type of finish! This bright, warm pink is complemented by a gorgeous silver shimmer throughout.


Lotus Begin is a light purple, but not nearly as light as In a Lily Bit. It's the middle of the three purple shades in this collection.


As far as the formulas for this collection, I was very surprised. I expected to have big issues with the pastels and the neons but they were all pretty good for the most part. They do require a little more care than normal, but it's really no hassle. I'm wearing two coats for all of these swatches. The Flourish collection should be available now at stores like Ulta and Sally Beauty, as well as online retailers.

Which shade is your favorite? It's really hard for me to choose, but if I absolutely had to, I think I would pick Grass is Lime Greener because it's so unique!

The products in this post were provided for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades - I love the pastel neons!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not really been excited about this collection but your post has definitely made me want a couple of shades! Some are really lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a gorgeous collection!! I want them all!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you - 100% OVER THIS WINTER!! Will it ever end? This collection helped me get over the fact that it's only 20 degree outside right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for Spring to come around. From this collection I like Strike A Rose best, but all the other shades scream Sunshine to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look gorgeous on you! I need ALL the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thistle Do Nicely is so gorgeous! Your swatch definitely pushed it into my "must buy!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.