Monday, March 26, 2012

"Girl on Fire" Mani Tutorial

Hello everybody! Over the weekend, I put together a little photo-tutorial for those of you who are interested in recreating my Hunger Games flame mani! This is my first tutorial and it's not the best, but I think you'll be able to follow along and create some awesome flames on your own nails!


Prep your nails and apply your base coat. Let dry. (I didn't take a photo of this because I didn't think it was necessary :P) Step 1: Apply your base color. I chose Zoya Ibiza because I wanted to mimic a night sky, but you could use any color you want. Step 2: Dip a small paint brush in white nail polish (I used Zoya Purity) and swipe it from your cuticle towards the tip of your nail, but don't go all the way to the tip. Step 3: Repeat Step 2, varying the length/thickness of your flames until your nail is sufficiently covered.


Step 4: After your white flame base dries, brush Zoya Sooki on a few of the flames. Step 5: Brush China Glaze Riveting and Lighthouse on the other flames. Once again, you can use different colors, I'm just saying what I used. Step 6: Go over the flames with the three different colors until they are nice and bright. I think I went over mine a total of three times until I was happy with how much they stood out from the blue. Let dry, slap some top coat on, and behold your gorgeous nails!


15 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thank you so much for this tutorial!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for tutorial! :) I've got to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! About to do this to my nails right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are STUNNING!! I would have never thought it would be as easy as you make it seem in the tutorial.. my friend shared this picture with me and I immediately had to follow you! :) I will of course be trying this. I am hoping to see Hunger Games this weekend with this mani on! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hands down the coolest hunger games mani I've seen! Gorgeous! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried these :) http://nonekkidnails.blogspot.com/2012/03/hunger-games-mani-flame-nails-for-girl.html -haha. Thanks again for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I responded to this already but I guess it didn't go through... they look great!!

      Delete
  7. HO-LY CRAP. These are incredible! I wish I could do something like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this tutorial!!! I took it to my manicurist and she wasn't able to replicate it, so I removed her "flames" and did it myself. Thank you so much for this! I wish you were here to do my nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to do it! You are very welcome! :D

      Delete
  9. replica bags toronto like it s6g25q6a41 replica bags us replica bags hermes hermes replica m5v56n6h00 9a replica bags replica bags dubai replica gucci handbags t4u31e0m23 replica prada nylon bags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.