Monday, September 12, 2011

China Glaze Midtown Magic

If you're reading this post, I'm sure you may have noticed that The Nail Network got a major makeover this weekend! I'm pretty sure I love it, but I want your opinions! Is it easy to navigate? Are the fonts a good size/style for reading? Along the same vein, I also wanted to introduce my new watermark! Ta da! I hope it's not too intrusive! :)

This is Midtown Magic from China Glaze's fall Metro collection. Hands down, this is one of the best polishes from that collection. Midtown Magic is a brownish burgundy base with gold shimmer pieces that change between gold, red, and orange in certain light. Absolutely gorgeous. First coat was a little streaky, second coat was perfection.


I had a bottle of OPI Espresso Your Style sitting on my desk and thought for a second that these looked kind of similar. I must not have had my glasses on since they are very obviously not... at any rate, I compared them below.


ANNNNNND here is Midtown Magic with one coat of Sally Hansen Pumpkin Spice! I've been absolutely dying to use Pumpkin Spice and I think it looks totally perfect over MM! I love how you can still see the gold shimmer underneath the orange glitter! I can't wait to wear this as a whole mani.

8 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Your pics are fabulous too! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the combo, Your pics are amazing, Can you come over and take mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to get espresso your style! So pretty! Love your new watermark! Need to update mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both of these, but have yet to wear them....I'm still clinging on to summer!! Can't wait to wear Midtown Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! those polishes are going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you swatched Pumpkin Spice. I have that color but I've been saving it for October :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yah! I have this polish swatched, but not posted yet! I love it! I gave it to my sister though because it is perfect for her liking! I have pumpkin spice too but have not used it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.