Friday, May 10, 2013

Rescue Beauty Lounge Thank You Swatch/Review

Hey guys! I had a little bit of time earlier this week to swatch, so I should have some stuff coming for you within the next week or so (hopefully!). The book project is going well (albeit a little stressful) but I'm so excited to see the end result! But today I have swatches of one of Rescue Beauty Lounge's newest shades, called Thank You.


Thank You is a very soft faded pink with purple shimmer and I used two coats here for this mani. I love almost every single RBL shade that I own and this one is no exception. The formula was good, but frustrating. You see, RBL has a different formula than most other polish and doesn't play well with any of my regular base coats. It requires some patience. RBL makes their own base coat (which is rather expensive for me to justify at the moment) so I purchased Essie's ridge filling base coat, which I've heard is similar. It works much better than my regulars, but still not perfect. Just a little FYI!


But anyway, there you have it. Although this shade isn't something I generally would wear, I'm a huge fan of it and will definitely wear it often.

What's your favorite RBL shade? Do you have issues with the formula too?

11 comments:

  1. Never tried RBL but the color looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have five shades from RBL and some seem to be more persnickety about the base than others. The first time I wore Jack I had ridiculous tip wear within 24 hours. The next time I put it on it went nearly a week without showing anything. The only difference in the manicures was my base coat. I like to alternate between several formulas, and I really wish I could remember which one I used on which occasion. I'm going to have to start writing it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeously delicate. Ji is the master of the subtle shimmer. I have two RBLs and I love them both-- Piu Mosso and Cuprum. I have no problem with the formulas not working over my basecoat, but they do chip and wear down quickly on me. I'm a total fangirl, though-- the colors are so beautiful and unique and they have such cool energy that I don't care about the wear. I'll happily spend that much plus the ridiculous shipping costs if and when another catches my fancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color! Usually I am not a fan of purplish pinks but this one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this brand but this color is really pretty! It's too bad about the formula, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It's sitting in my untrieds right now, but I think I'm going tow ear it for my engagement pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I don't seem to have a base to work with my RBLs. So I don't wear them much. Probably just go 'n buy RBL base. I do like this polish a lot. Thank you for sharing it with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty twist on a nude polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got Anne from the Tudors collection, and was very disappointed in the formula and the wear. It's the only RBL polish I own, and haven't even been tempted to get one since.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use the Butter London Nail Foundation and it's the ONLY basecoat I've found that seems to play well with every polish I put over it! I'm so happy with it! Thank You might be finicky, but it looks beautiful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this soft pink...TXS!
    Lina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.