Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Walt Disney World Series: Part 2

Welcome to Day 2 of my WDW Series! Today's design was inspired by one of the pins I got while in Walt Disney World last year, which I included in the second photo. Disney offers this cool activity called Pin Trading; basically, you buy pins and can trade with Disney employees (who often have special ones that aren't available for purchase) or other visitors, but I've only ever asked employees. I was too shy to participate the first time I went to WDW, but I finally started trading on my last trip. I love collecting little goodies like this (you know this!) and these pins are great souvenirs. 


I used three coats of Zoya Purity for my base, Confetti Red Carpet for the red polka dots, and Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme for the black dots and Mickey Mouse outline.  One thing I learned with this mani is that polka dots are HARD! I haven't used my dotting tools very much and it was really hard for me to make equal-sized dots, even with the same dotting tool. These look really good from farther away though! Stay tuned for Day 3 on Friday!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! My baby would go crazy over this mani lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! I think you did a great job with your dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously freaking love this series! Disney World = <3 So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! It's easier to make different size dots than trying to keep all 10 fingers even. I knew nothing about the pin thing - interesting. I live in CA and never been to WDW in FL. I grew up close to the original Disneyland & grandma and grandpa took me at least ever other month. I got pretty saturated and jaded how easy it was to go that I did not go after my HS Grad night for another 20 yrs - then only slipped in and out to catch the new rides when was in the area for a convention and was given free tickets to get in. Guess I am just not a theme park person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is freakin awesome!!!! I am so loving this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I did a few Disney inspired nails when I went about this time last year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.