Friday, July 15, 2011

Gryffindor Inspired mani :)

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past month, you know that the last installment of the Harry Potter movies is out in theaters today. Being a gigantic nerd, I am naturally super excited to see it tonight! And obviously I had to do some kind of Harry Potter nails. ;) Unfortunately, this week has been super busy and I didn't have much time to plan this, let alone execute it, so it's not as clean and nice as I wanted. However, it's still pretty and I'm happy enough with it to post it for you all.


I used two coats of OPI Chick Flick Cherry with one coat of Orly Star Spangled over it for the red nails. Both are awesome reds and I love them, however, Chick Flick Cherry was a huge pain to clean up. The OPI pro-wide brush is just a tad too wide for my narrow nail beds and I end up getting polish all over the skin on the sides of my nails. And since it was like 11PM when I was trying to finish these, I stopped caring about making them meticulously clean. I am slightly embarrassed of how messy the polish is near my cuticles though :(


I used Milani One Coat Glitter in Gold Glitz for my index nail, the snitch on my ring finger, and the sad excuse for a lightning bolt on my thumb. I also used a silver nail art pen to draw the wings of the snitch. I wish that I had more time last night to make this nicer, but what can you do?

6 comments:

  1. I really dig this manicure!! Great idea! I always like making each nail different like you just did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've just seen your mani on FB and asked a question about it...!!
    I really love how the red nails look! I've got the impression you used the Milani gold glitter under a red jelly...I don't know Orly Star Spangled but it looks gorgeous!
    In fact, I love everything in your mani! Gold Glitz looks great and the design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself, it looks great! Im not a big fan of red on myself but this mani in general is super cute and i LOVE that you did the accent nail on the index finger versus the usual ring finger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your blog and all your manis.. i have spent I dont know how much time going thru them hahah .. back to work now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.